Thursday, March 21, 2013

Welcome to my wild (and inexpensively decorated) bathroom!

So, I love all things animal print, mainly leopard and zebra! When we moved into our new house last year, I didn't really have any plans for our bathroom, until I started randomly finding great deals on leopard print bathroom decor!  I was browsing thru a Wal Mart flyer one day, and saw they had leopard print curtain panels on sale for $7.00! I didn't NEED a curtain panel, but I thought it would look really good in my bathroom because of the wooden floors and a dark wood wall.  Shortly after that, leopard print towels came on sale for $7.00 each, so I grabbed a few (not shown because they were in the wash at the time of the "photo shoot")

 When I went to the states for Black Friday, they had a cushy bath mat that matched my curtain and towels, it was only $5.00! I HAD to buy it! What's a bath mat without a shower curtain? low and behold my local Giant Tiger had a leopard shower curtain for just $10.00!
The art work is almost priceless! (no, really, it hardly cost anything!) I was in a panic and needed something to fill this wall because people were coming. I Googled "Animal print + bathrooms" and these prints appeared! I printed them off on the color printer at work (Shhh!!!!) and stuck them in some frames that were on clearance at Michael's for $0.50 each! I will eventually get bigger, thicker frames and mount these on the wall, but they did the trick at the time! The votive candle holders I bought at Pier One, the glass holders were $1.25 each while the candles were $1.00 each.
This faux plant was purchased at Home Sense for $7.00 (It's a good thing that was cheap because the cat feels the need to chew on it every time he's in there!) The leopard soap dish (and I do have the matching toothbrush holder, Kleenex holder, and waste basket (not shown) ) were gifts.

This goes to show you, you can do a lot with a little, and with prices like these, I really should have bought one of everything in zebra print too!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment